Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Yadah Birthday Bash @ Cheras Leisure Mall

i was the MC of the event.. it's simply because Elaine couldnt find any MC and she's my best friend so i offered to help... it's not my first time hosting.. and i enjoyed when i was MC in Korea...i received the script on Friday night and i was so sick so i couldn't read anything but according to Elaine.. it's quite simple..

i couldn't sleep until 5am due to running nose the night before.. and i almost lose my voice.. had bad gastric before the event.. when i arrived the venue.. so many things added into the script.. apparently the previous script that i received is not related anymore.. it's a different thing on the day itself..

first.. i'm supposed to introduce about Yadah.. ok.. they told me to read out informations from the phone.. then catwalk with the products.. the routine are different from my script as well.. because the bag sponsor wants me to introduce each of the bags... but i was thinking this is not your event right.. so i didn't bother to introduce the bag.. and i thought the products are the same in my script so shouldn't be problem...

i was nervous.. because i'm not prepared and there were so many changes... and i always have a hard time to look for staff to help me.. anyway the event started.. i forgot what i memorized 30 minutes ago.. so i read out from the phone.. i tried my best to memorize before the event because i felt reading from the phone looks bad but still.. i did that.. T_T gastric got worse and worse when the event started.. i was nervous also because the guests were so near to me.. previous events have a small stage.. so i have some gap... i have no stage this time and i felt i lost personal space.. well it's just my bad habit..

the first lucky draw was soooooooo screwed! soooo many numbers.. but only half came.. so many empty numbers in the bag.. in the end i just read whatever numbers i saw from the bloggers hand... it was sooooo awkward... and the hanbok fitting is not free as what i was told...

catwalk time.. i was sooooooooo mad! the products and sequences are different from my script.. the models couldn't understand English so they didnt let me finish the informations and they left while i was still reading.. (yeap i read because too many info to memorize) when i was reading toner's info.. they came out with make up.. AND I DONT HAVE MAKE UP INFO! i don't know what is special bout make up set cause i wasn't supposed to talk about that.. i was told it's just skincare products.. ok i bullshit a lot... i'm very sure all the bloggers will be like "what is she talking about?" i don't even know what i was talking.. so sorry bloggers.. and the models don't really show the products clearly so i don't even know what products they are holding.. it was soooo screwed! i admit that i am not pro enough to handle such situation as well.. i'm not a pro MC... so i dont' know how to cover... and my mood got affected.. i don't even dare to introduce my name because i felt so malu..

then after the catwalk is the birthday cake cutting session.. i announced that everyone will move the another part for cake cutting.. well.. to get everyone there takes some time.. so the candle should be lit! but no.. when we were all there... NOBODY was there.. i was like.. is the candle just for decoration or what? should i sing the song now? then i saw someone came with lighter.. so we repeat the birthday song again... i beg the @ddols to sing louder cause i don't see responses.. the candles are still not lit up completely after the second time..

honestly.. i didn't know MC have to get the gift herself at the backstage.. the numbers box... and to get the performers ready.. before the event.. someone said they will have staff to assist me.. i dont see any.. in fact.. i only see Elaine working alone everywhere.. maybe they are other staffs working but difinitely not helping me..

after cake cutting is the @dolls time.. i was told to speak chinese cause they don't speak English.. i was thinking should i translate to English cause bloggers are still there.. but since they said Chinese only then i followed..the @dolls are not talkative as they claim.. and there were no fans for me to interview..

 the performance time.. it was shorter than planned.. only 2 minutes per person? and it was a quite boring performance sorry to say... ==| after the performance.. it's the lucky draw again.. yeap again.. empty numbers.. so i read numbers that i saw..


and finally it's the free and easy time... but honestly.. only 2 booths.. so nothing much for them to do.. they can only chat with each other... anyway i couldn't stand after the event because gastric was really really really bad.. running nose... sorethroat.. period.. everything in one shot.. and i was mad at myself for poor performance.. it was a big difference compared to my previous hosting experience.. screwed big time.. if it's not Elaine's event.. i'll definitely screw the organizer! what the hell! but because Elaine did everything... it's good enough.. she should change her job...

i sincerely apologized to all the bloggers who came.. whenever i got nothing to say i read the promotion again and again.. but i do'nt even know whether people hear me or not...

but something cheered me up... Monohue studio gave me a very special ring and we chat for 20 minutes after that... she's so friendly but i forgot her name T_T she's a nice lady... tried to consoled me and we talk about Korea... at least something to cheer me up..

that's my experience as MC.. do not dare to tell anyone my name.. hahaha they are not prepared and i'm not pro enough to cover such event... but it's still a good experience.. i'll take it as lesson.. at least if i face the same problem.. i should know what to do TT_________TT

8 comments:

Farisha Nadia said...

Wow, I'm so sorry for being harsh about you on my blog >.< I don't think it's your fault at all, you can't present something you don't know about and they didn't seem to prepare you. But I know now you did your best and you have the guts to go on. Anybody else probably would just bailed half way or never even showed up! I hope you're feeling better now, and I'm sorry again :(

christy said...

@Farisha you weren't harsh at all.. if i'm the guest.. i would write something worse about the MC.. hahaha

Elaine really did her best but there were miscommunication somewhere.. anyway if i'm pro enough... the event wouldn't be in that way..

Farisha Nadia said...

Yea, I assumed something was not going according to plan somewhere. But like I said it's not your fault :) Was Elaine the only one in charge? I mean was she all alone managing the event?

christy said...

i'm not sure whether she's in charge.. but from what i saw.. she's working hard alone.. and the one that knows about the event.. i'm sure there are some other staffs working somewhere during the event.. maybe i'm not aware..

Farisha Nadia said...

It's weird there's not a team behind the event. I hope they'll do better in the future though :)

Anonymous said...

Aww Christy, cheer up. It will now be a memory for you to look upon and probably use it to be aware if anything should be amiss. I was pretty amused when you had to get the gift yourself and placed it on our table. we thought of helping but we were pretty confused ourselves and the fact that none of us know the movings of the event made it weirder @.@

Sorry too about the hiccup. The RM5 instax+hanbok combination was determined since the first meeting, I wasnt sure why it wasnt stated as how the manicure was.

What is left is to do a post mortem on why and how did it get that way :) whatever doesnt kill you will make you stronger right? :D

It was nice talking to you. I am sorry we couldn't talk longer due to time constrain and cheer up! And I hope you have recovered from your sickness ;)

Ammar of Monohue

christy said...

@ammar!!! talking to you after the event seriously cheered me up... and the only photo i took during the day was with you ^_^ you are really kind and friendly... you have my email and my number right.. keep in touch

thanks for the words.. yeap i'm back to a healthy person now.. hope to see you again!

Unknown said...

its should be reused and revoked for the viewers demand